Friday, January 13, 2012

Jenny Pox Review

Jenny Pox by JL Bryan *some spoilers*


Geeks of Doom: Top 10 Urban Fantasy and Horror Books of 2010
Winner of a Red Adept Indie Award: #1 in horror for 2010.
Bewitched Bookworms:
Top Books of 2010

Jenny's touch spreads a deadly supernatural plague. She can't control her power, so she devotes her life to avoiding contact with other people in her small Southern town. Her senior year of high school, she meets the one boy she can touch...but if she's going to be with him, Jenny must learn to use the horrific power inside her to survive his devious, manipulative girlfriend, who secretly wields the most dangerous power of all.



My Review:

Jenny Pox started off slow. I wanted to be hit with something that made me NOT put the book down. Unfortunately it took me a few times to open it. My bad, once I actually sunk my teeth into it... the rest is history. I was hooked.

Jenny Pox gives the reader everything; from sex, drugs, "mean girl" cheerleaders, death, love, forbidden touches, all at the hands of three teenagers; Jenny, Seth, and Ashleigh. Each wielding their own powers through touching.

Jenny and Seth are polar opposites, and this works for them. If that's the case; does Ashleigh have an opposite? *shrugs*

My favorite part of the book? The last few chapters. After all the teasing, Jenny gets her revenge in a horrific way. Horror, vengeance, massacre, only to end it all by plunging herself into the dark waters and in return finding out that Jenny, Seth, and Ashleigh have been around, in many forms, for centuries.

I give it two thumbs up! Needing book 2, Tommy Nightmare of The Paranormals

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!