Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Unveiling of a NEW Blogfest

Back in February, Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and I began talking about hosting a blogfest. We passed ideas back and forth until we finally came up with the perfect idea.

First Fight/First Kiss Blogfest

Why is it perfect?

While Jackie adores the kissing and hand holding scenes, I’m the “give me fat lips and magical dueling any day of the week” type girl, the bloodier the better. Though Jackie also likes fight scenes; I HATE to write love scenes. I find it difficult to get in touch with my soft side. This blogfest forces many of us to work on other scenes that we may not like and make them shine.

Also what happens after a good argument? - Making up!


Share your 1st FIGHT and 1st KISS scenes in your MS’s or WIP’s. Crack open your current project or dive back into an old one. We want to feel what your characters feel. From the sting of their first fist-to-the-face to the tingling taste of their first kiss.

If you’re not a writer, please share with us your real life firsts. We want to read and experience them all!


The First Fight/First Kiss blogfest will go as such: 

  • Post 1 will be on Tuesday, June 12 - Share with us your 1st FIGHT scene on your blog. It can be physical or verbal, fists or magic. Whichever you want to share.
  • Post 2 will be on Thursday, June 14 - Share with us your 1st KISS scene on your blog. It can be a peck on the cheek or a full fledge kissing session. Whatever you would like to tell us.

Details for the First Fight/First Kiss blogfest:

  • Sign up using the linky thingie below.
  • Display the gorgeous First Fight/First Kiss Blogfest button on your blog. Go grab our button on the left sidebar.
  • Post your 1st fight entry on June 12, 2012.
  • Post your 1st kiss entry on June 14, 2012.
  • Hop around to the other blogs and comment on their wonderful 1st fight and 1st kiss scenes.

Prizes? Absolutely! Jackie and I will each pick our favorite scene from each day. That’s 4 prizes total, folks. What are the fabulous gifts for the winners? $10 email-giftcards to Amazon or Barnes & Noble so you can choose that book you’ve been wanting or download it to your Kindle or Nook.


11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We are pretty excited and think it'll be a blast!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Awesome! Can't wait to read what you got. You write so wonderfully!

      Delete
  3. Excellent idea for a fest. Just signed up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. I'll have to think about this. My one WIP has a scene which is the first kiss AND the first fight. But I was thinking of using that on Dust it Off blog hop. I'll have to think this through now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh exciting! I might just join you in this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in! Now, I have neither a fight or kiss scene in my WIP...unless of course I include the minor scuffle which occurred at Ypres in 1917!! I'm not sure there was too much kissing going on either...so I'll do something new!! May have to be ripped from my very own fumblings!

    Great idea by the way!

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!