Monday, October 1, 2012

Express Yourself Meme

Hey Blogging Friends!

Jackie and I are at it again. No, not another Blogfest or hop.

Jackie has been wanting to do a MEME (apparently pronounced MEEM not ME-ME – see here) and she kindly asked if I wanted to co-host. HELLO! OF COURSE!!!

"Express Yourself" is a weekly meme starting today, Monday Oct 1st! It's goal is to help our fellow bloggers get to know us and one another better; to help motivate, laugh (or cry) together, in other words – stalk.

What makes you tick? What inspires you to write? How is the outside world influencing you? Whether it be a quote, a list of favorite things/people, a question, a song, and so on. Each Monday we will find something different to post about. It will correlate with writing, blogging, and life in general. Then, we hope, you’ll follow suit and post what it is that motivates you.

At the beginning of every month Jackie and I will post a Gadget with a list of that month’s weekly Monday posts so you will be informed in advanced. We know most of you are busy when Monday rolls around or maybe you don’t post on Mondays at all. Don’t fret, we understand. That’s why you have the rest of the week to post.

Oh good. You noticed two banners. We loved both and couldn’t decide. Pick one, use both, it’s up to you.

For the Month of October the topics are…

Oct 1 - 5 – Pick a name in your current wip; what was your process of acquiring it?
Oct. 8 - 12 – List 5 movies/books that causes the hair to stand up on your neck.
Oct 15 - 19 – What language would you like to speak and why?
Oct 22 - 25 – List 5 favorite monsters throughout history.
No meme – Friday 26th thru Fri, Nov. 2nd  due to Spooktoberfest and a little fall break.

Nov. 1st we will be posting the Nov. Express Yourself Meme questions.

For easy access to the rules and Q’s for ea. month; there will be a Page Tab – Express Yourself



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for my Express Yourself entry.

Pick a name in your current wip; what was your process of acquiring it?

Tarrick Morrissen from my current wip, Occupiers. (Which has been my "current" wip for the past year)

I wanted a strong name with a Swedish origin. I had to do some research on old Scandinavian names and spellings. After I found the right sound with the perfect spelling, I fell in love. Now giving away the century would be giving you too much information. Maybe another time!

Here’s a pic of my beloved Tarrick. I have posted an old photo of Alexander Skarsgard as Tarrick in older posts but I found my perfect Tarrick over the weekend ...


Tarrick Morrissen
 Now it's your turn. Post in the comments and let us know if you are participating so we can hop over!

9 comments:

  1. Cool idea! Is there going to be a sign up list so we can visit other participants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Da-yam! Tarrick is gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining this meme (meeeem) with me (meeee) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I think I might just have to join it. :)

    Tarrick is a great name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like super fun! I think I'll have to sign up :) I've already posted today, but can I do it this week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep!!! You can post anytime this week. We don't have a linky yet, but Dani and I have been discussing it.
      We'll keep you updated! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm excited that you guys are wanting to do this with us!!! You make me very happy!! Go ahead a do this weeks posts while we work on how we want to do a sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea! Gives me something to post about on Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh...LOVE the name AND the picture!! He looks a bit like a young Johnny Depp. (Am I giving away my age?? haha)

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!