Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Express Yourself - Favorite Childhood Books/Movies

Express Yourself is a weekly Meme hosted by my friend Jackie and myself. We do this every week to learn more about our fellow bloggers and so far we have met some very talented and wonderful people!

This weeks question is: Favorite childhood book/movie

I think my favorite childhood book would have to The Boxcar Children. And maybe a close second would be The Babysitters Club or Hatchet.

And my favorite movie as a kid would be Star Wars IV, V & VI.

Have a great Tuesday!!


ONLY 3 MORE DAY'S UNTIL CONFESSIONS BLOGHOP! SIGN UP & JOIN IN ON THE FUN THIS FRIDAY!!

Jackie @Bouquet of Books and I have so much fun hosting blogfests that we decided it was time to do another one. This one is geared toward confessions...

These are my confessions **cue Usher music**

confession is a statement made by someone, usually a personal fact that they would not prefer to keep hidden. 

Spill. We want to know what not-so-dark secrets you have. If you want to share the dark ones, by all means, but this is the world wide web, so... yeah, that saying "What happens in Blogosphere, stays in Blogosphere" ... That probably won't happen, so use your own discretion.

It can be fun facts about yourself, important memories, or a mixture of both. 
We just want to learn more about you.

Examples:
Do you secretly love a one-hit-wonder band?
Do you snack on food at the grocery store?
Do you want to share a recent dream? Dirty or clean *wink wink*
Are you a road-rager? What things do you do when you’re road-raging?

The sky is the limit when it comes to confessions.
  • On Friday, August 30th, post your confessions.
  • Make sure to post the Confessions badge on your blog.
  • You don’t have to be a blog follower but we'd appreciate it.
  • You can also follow us on Twitter @danibertrand & @jackiefel and don’t forget to Tweet your blog confession using #confessions.
  • And most importantly, sign up in the Linky Thingy below and hop around to other blogs on August 30th!

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, that sounds kinda' fun. I'll have to think about it. :)
    I read all the Babysitter Club books growing up. :) Didn't read Boxcar children, though. I know my mom loved that series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose Star Wars, too. :)

    I can't wait for our blogfest! Woot!

    <-- What's this Run For your Lives badge on the side of your blog?! It's another race you've entered, isn't it?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Jackie are technically cheating by picking three different movies as your favorite movie, you know! Come on.. narrow it down. Of those three, my fav is Return of the Jedi, of course :-)

    I've been out of touch for a while, but I'm taking part in your brilliant Confessions Blogfest... thanks for hosting it because I needed something to get my slacker butt back into the blog routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Outsiders. And for movie, tough one. Maybe The Goonies. I don't remember too many kids movies I loved, so I'll give one I love from my jr high years: The Lost Boys. I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with all the young hotties in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got into The Babysitter's Club for a while, but after about the fourth one or so, I stopped. Can't wait for the bloghop to hear all those confessions- although, of course, I'll have to admit one of my own. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved anything horror-related. Too much to list actually :)
    By the way, I'm a new follower via Bloglovin. Looking forward to visiting often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, there's too much awesome here for me. My favorite childhood movie would have to be Cloak and Dagger or (if you let me go TV series) Dungeons and Dragons. Ah, the good old days! My favorite childhood books were the Serendipity series, followed by anything "ghost". I'm still trying to track down all my favorite, and failing miserably. How do you track down 80's books with just a vague memory of premise?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boxcar children was a great series! I liked Nancy Drew, too.

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!