Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Novel Films - All 3 Days, One Post

Madeleine over at Scribble and Edit is hosting the Novel Films II blogfest yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I usually don't blog on holidays so I'm posting all 3 days today. Hope you all enjoy my picks!


Day 1: Are there any novels you have seen as films / TV adaptations in which the novel left you cold?
Or a film that surprised you and promoted you to read the novel?

Harry Potter by JK Rowlings - I saw the first two movies which prompted me to start reading the series. The gave more details, however, I loved the movies more.

The Road by Cormac McCarthy - I read the book first and then watched the movie... the novel was so much more! I suggest if you have seen the movie and hated it... don't judge the book by the movie. The novel is WAY better!!

The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien - I read some of the novel when I was in high school but was never much of a reader then. Once I saw the movies, I finished the book. I love the movies!

The Host by Stephenie Meyer - The book was spectacular, way better then her Twilight Saga. But I equally loved the movie. I thought they complimented each other.


Day 2: Which novel that so far haven't yet been made into films /TV adaptations would you like to see and why?

The Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness - This series would make a wonderful trilogy is done by the proper director.

The Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts - The vampire/sorcerer/sorceress/slayer series is one of my favorites and my first love of this fantasy genre. I would be thrilled to see this come alive on the big screen or even a TV series.

Most of Jonathon Maberry's novels - All thriller/horror novels. I know most people can't stand one more film about zombie apocalyptic reels but I think these would make the zombie lovers very happy.


Day 3: Have you read any novels where you have yet to see the films / TV adaptations? Or seen any films where you are keen to read the original novel?

The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl - This movie recieved such horrible reviews which is the reason why I haven't watched it yet. I don't want to ruin my vision of the series with a bad movie like Twilight. I'm guess my curiosity will get the best of me though.

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - I REALLY want to watch this!

Devergent by Veronica Roth - Can't wait!!


Also, Express Yourself meme for September questions is as follows and updated in my tabs...





So that's my 3 days of NOVEL FILMS II blogfest! Have an awesome Tuesday!! Hope everyone had a great long weekend... that is if you had a long weekend.

5 comments:

  1. This is a fun post. :) One book I've always wanted to see turned into a movie is The Ordinary Princess. I want Disney to make it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Road was a boring read for me. Wasn't motivated to see the movie at all. Sorry some Potter books didn't meet your expectations Dani. This was a good post and I saw Mortal Instruments and recommend it (but will say it's not Hunger Games movie level, but still good and the action scenes rock). I'm anxious for the Divergent movie as well. The trailers only make me more excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming by for the Novel Film blogfest! Isn't choice a funny thing? I loved the Twilight series, but was advised against reading the Host. Now I must. I would LOVE to see Nora Robert's Circle Trilogy made into film. They are wonderful novels and I can totally see them in my head!

    I have a belated entry up now. Apologies if you've swung by looking for it.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize that The Host was by SM until I got all the way through the movie. Haven't read the book, but liked the movie so might have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I'll get my Express Yourself up this week. Have to do it at home, though.

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!